15 September, 2008

Last Night

Last night we had a combined birthday party for Dad and going away party for Lol. It was such a nice evening. After cake and ice cream we gave Lolly her gift from everyone there (our six, Mom and Dad, Grandpa Dick.) We compiled a picture album of the family and Lol's best friend Kylie. We had various pictures and also note cards that she could flip through. Well, i was dumbfounded when, before she had finished the first note, she was in tears. I think this whole leaving thing finally sunk in at that moment. Well she cried through the whole album. As soon as she finished Brady belined it for the house fighting tears. I just figured that he didn't want anyone to see him emotional. Well a bit later I went in to print some information for Lolly and he was in the office. Through tears he was making her a book. This is what he came up with (no help or corrections from me.)
(front page)
To The Sister Of Cash
A digest guide to being a good poet.
(page 1)
A laurels so dear
A laurels so nice
They help you when you need
some good advice
A laurels kind
I know she'll always be
A very nice sister and a
best friend to me
XO
(page 2)
Best Friend Forever
(page 3)
I love when you smile.
It makes me happy.
Like a candle that is still burning
thats what you'lle always be.
I love you so much
it makes me want to cry
I always feel good inside
when your close by.
(page 4)
I love you!
(page5)
Your like a candle
shining so bright.
You always make
some very bright lights.
When your gone
I wont get as much advice.
It will be like
a melting cube of ice.
(page 6)
he drew a picture of an ice cube melting
(page7) I
I love you so much.
Your so nice to me.
Theres no one as such
(page 8)
The End
p.s.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Your a money erning sister
And I love you!
Love/Brady
You know at times I have wondered if these two even like each other.
I'll never question it again!!
I spoke with Lolly after she touched down in DC and she had found another girl names Alyssa in Atlanta wearing the same shirt (standard issue P2P travel wear). They were on the flight together. Once in DC she found 6 other girls. So she was doing better albeit a bit tired. Let the fun (and giggling) begin!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Keep it so that you can remind him of how much he loves her next time they're in a spat. I hope she has fun in D.C.!