15 September, 2008

Out of my hands and into a strangers...

Today is the day Lolly leaves to go to Washington DC. We had to awaken at 4:00am in order to be at the airport by 5:00am. Her flight left at 6:30.
She was pretty nervous. I was cool as a cucumber (on the outside). Inside I was dying!! Our daughter going across the country!! ALONE!!
Well, she was ready. We checked in with no problem. We went through security without a hitch. Then we were at the gate. We visited for about 20 minutes and then they called her name to board very first. At this point I decided to say goodbye so we wouldn't be rushed. I leaned down and told her all the right mom things. Then her eyes filled with tears. I still kept a stiff upper lip and told her to take a deep breath and enjoy her week. They FA came over and took her down the ramp and I was just getting ready to take a picture of her walking away from me (sniff) and then she turned around.
This is going to be an awesome week. I'm so excited for her.
.

2 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Oh, that Lolly girl.How we love her! She is going to have so much fun and be back before you know it Mom!

Jessica said...

That pic of Laurel looking backwards as she walks toward the plane just tugs at my heart!