So I went to Yoga today. Yes, I did the downward dog, sun salutation, and a bunch of other retarded and dorky sounding exercises. And I have to say, I loved every minute of it, but IT WAS HARD!!
I got off to a bit of a rocky start because right as we were getting started the instructor asked us all to remove our shoes and socks. So as I step onto the mat I'm having trouble focusing because I can't stop thinking about other BARE feet that have been on it and what are the sanitation procedures here at the Magna Fitness Center etc.
But the more the instructor with her silky voice and calm instructions kept going, the faster I got lost in Yogaland. I saluted the sun, I downward dogged and I laid my head on the germ infested mat in complete calm.
"Oh dangit, how'd this picture of me get in here?"
Now I'm a little immature and felt the giggles coming on in a few of the insane poses. Also, I'm easily entertained and when a poor soul to the left let a little toot while holding a precarious position I truly wanted to belly laugh but I kept my focus. It could be me next time you never know!?! But no, I was one with my inner yogaler and I felt like a true "Ute" with the drum music in the background. There would be no laughing, I was in a hypnotic trance, for I was a Yoga doer, and do it I must.
Maybe I should buy some incense or maybe some organic food or something. I will, however, be buying my own mat!
Note: 16 hours later and I can hardly move!!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, when I did yoga, I TOTALLY felt like a cow... more like a pig maybe. LOL. Everyone was like holding their bodies up with 2 fingers, while I "pretended" lol. It is really hard! I had no idea.
Shelley
Hey, did you ever put that vinyl up? It WAS brown right? If it wasn't I will TOTALLY print another one for you, no charge!!! Sorry, I've been super busy, and didn't get back to you. Just let me know if you need another one.
i did took a Pilates class through Granite Foundation and I felt the SAME WAY! Doing poses on the dirty wrastlin' mats. And don't worry, I totally farted my first day of class. Doing all that stretching and moving around got the gas bubbles moving around and OUT as well. I was mortified. I held my giggles in as long as I could but knew that surely my sister in law had heard it. So I started to laugh and then she knew it was me.
Way to go trying something new! Impressive. And I'm totally with ya on the mat thing. That would kinda gross me out too! :)
Could I be laughing any harder?
As soon as I saw that this was a yoga post, I knew there had to be an accidental fart story coming. Thanks for not dissapointing. I was in an exercise class one day when a crazy lady (she really was crazy) let a silent-but-deadly sort, then toot-a-looed right on outta there. The fashionable and in-shape lady next to us totally thought it was me.
We were upside down putting all our weight on our forearms one time and someone farted and we all fell down. It was great. I like to exercise in the comfort of my own home so I can fart at my leisure.
Post a Comment