29 March, 2009
I dun rode my bike to Wendover!!
Figuratively speaking that is!!
In my ever-present quest to lose the dang weight, I rode 99.4 miles this week on my favorite recumbent bike at the gym!! A serious milestone for me. One of the days had me riding 22 miles and another day 26 miles and yet another at 25 miles (two workouts each day.) The other three days I rode between 8 and 12 miles. I'm looking forward to getting more weight off so I can tackle a spinning class. I think I could love being a "spinster" just as much as a "yogaler." I'm not looking forward to that sliver of a thing they call a seat on those bikes though!! Yikes! Has anyone ever brought there own granny seat to a spinning class? You know, the kind with the lambswool covering for added comfort? Just curious.
My mom claims that I'm becoming an exercise addict. This could be true. I love going to the gym. I just wished I looked better while I was there. However, I have the attitude that if you're ever going to look out of shape and sloppy some where, the gym is the place to be. I feel like you're sending the statement, "I know!! I'm working on it!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Becky, you can buy biker shorts that have padding in the bum area. I don't know how much they help, but the ladies that do spin here that I know wear them. Good Luck!
Candice
That's a good one. I like that philosophy. Good for you for tackling the gym thing. Good luck with the spinning seat. I'm thinking of getting back into spinning so that I can pull back on my running miles, but my spin class is at 5:45 am. So, currently, I'm just THINKING about it.
Good for you and yes you should bring the granny seat....I love those new leisure bikes with the curved handle bar and big seat (that my butt still hangs off of)
Stuff your undies with Charmin, hey it works on the commercials
Becky ... you made me laugh out loud! By all means ... bring a granny seat. Who cares what people think. After all ... it's all about comfort and the bum! Hooray for you ... I'm proud of you riding all that way to Wendover!
Post a Comment