10 July, 2009
I'm bugged!!
I have a couple of questions to just throw out there. I want honest feedback...
FaceBook - Okay I really don't get the draw. You log on and try to find people who aren't really important enough to you that you have kept a number or address for? Then you have conversations for anyone else who is your "friend" to read and comment on? I get like four "friend" invitations a day. Boo! People in the ward, Natalie's friends, people I don't really know, and so on? And please tell me why anyone under the age of 18 would ever need a face book page in the first place? Where do people find the time?
Texting - Why not dial a phone number and have a quick conversation and call it good? What's with the typing back and forth and your face in the phone and not out chatting with your present company? I guarantee that the world won't come to an end if you don't reply to the text until after you are doing whatever with whoever is right there in the room with you.
Saving seats - Are you kidding? The kids and I walked into stake conference AN HOUR EARLY and every row in the chapel was taken...by suit coats. There were less than 20 men in the chapel yet every seat was saved. Really? The minute amen was said in the priesthood session the men just staked their claim for their family then most left to go have breakfast or what not and return to their nice padded pews 10 minutes before the meeting starts. I felt like Forest Gump on the bus, "Taken...taken...taken" remember? I was speaking in stake conference and my emotions were high. I had worked hard to get me and four kids ready for church (okay Nat got herself ready) and we were there an hour early to get a good seat for my folks to watch the kids while both Der and I were on the stand. I didn't cry but I wanted to.
Using the express lane with a full cart of groceries - What? So rude!
So, I'm really not bitter, but I was just kind of curious about these few things. If you have time between texts, and facebook conversations, drop a comment and give me your feed back for or against any of it. I'd love to hear from both sides. As a blogger, and lest I sound hypocritical, I just spent 30 minutes reading blogs and commenting where I felt like it. So I'm not one to judge right? Ho, ho, ho...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Facebook is crazy the first couple of months, then you get clued into the whole thing and delete people you don't really care about. Then you only read the funny things people comment on, instead of lame ones.
Texting, sorry, I do it. I love it, but I'm not a teenage texter. They bug me.
Saving seats is pretty rude if you're not there to save them yourself.
Agreed on Facebook, though our kids are on it all the time. Which is why I check in occasionally--they are more honest with their friends in this forum than I may ever hear.
And I have had some fun catching-up conversations with high school friends.
But NOT every day.
Don't like texting.
The saving seats thing is just plain rude.
Just one hour ago i was thinking "why isnt becky on facebook" because i wanted to tag you in some old school dance pictures. I agree with Laurel on the facebook. I was regretting it at first but now for me it is like "ultra" email because i dont go spend hours on there like some people do because I agree there are a lot of other more important things to do.
as far as texting I would have 100% agreed with you one month ago but I got the Iphone and now i am hooked on just texting certain people so they can respond when they get time (like Dave at work) so I love it. I do get freaked out when people drive while doing it or do it in inappropriate settings though. That is very rude and annoying.
Saving seats is bad sometimes. There needs to be some set rule that you can only save one seat for each actual person you have sitting there already. You should have just sat on their coats and stuff like some lady and her kid did to me today at the park while I ran my kid to the bathroom.
Question to Laurel, can you delete people without them knowing?
Facebook is ok, I go through phases but I have found some people that I wouldn't of been able to, like mission people.
Texting is over rated, but I enjoy being able to send naughty texts to my husband in the day.
I enjoy going to church early enough to take some other families row, just to mess things up a little!
Deep thoughts!
I have to admit I'm a little curious about the dance pictures from April.
Texting naughty things to husband at work, hmmm, I'm intrigued.
I loved the taking someone elses row at church. I'm definitely giving that a try.
Hey Ape, do you go to lunch at the park? Which one? I'd love to meet you there and visit sometime. Maybe you should text me and we could work it out. Kidding!!
No, seriously, email me!
No comments on the fast checkout. Are you all guilty? I bet you don't put your carts away either. Shame!
oh i put my cart away, that bugs when people dont. I have a baby and i still put it away.
that would be awful for my history of best checker in the west for me to slander my name by hogging up the fast checkout with lots of stuff. The problem is that they put the retard checker in that lane.......FYI i was never the speedy checkout checker but I was the speediest checker, not the friendliest but the fastest
I held out a long time on facebook then I joined. If I hadn't I wouldn't have found your blog via Natalie. It's good for finding old friends. I loathe texting. You should only save seats if the person is in the building. I never go to the fast checkout with lots of stuff. so you should email me so we can catch up on lives. bastocking@gmail.com this is Bethany Stohl by the way.
I agree on it all... facebook is fun, until you get tagged in an old prom picture where you look like you are wearing your grandmothers hideous wedding dress. Not naming names here... April. Also, texting is so hard for me because I don't have the patience. And I'm totally with you on the saving seats thing. If you want a front row seat, your whole family should be there on time.
Post a Comment