This is lengthy. A bit of blogging therapy. You may want to skip down to the Daily Danny.
We had been having a great day Saturday. We headed up in the morning to my folks house and loaded up my dad's scooter chair and then we headed down to temple square via a little barn/yard sale. We found a few treasures and then continued on our way. We were planning on attending an art exhibit in the Conference Center but it was closed for Womens Conference preparations. So we headed over to Temple Square. Because my Dad can barely walk, it had been several years since he had been there and he had never been to the South Visitors center. We had a great time and just moseyed along.
We had planned to have a picnic lunch at Brigham Young Park and then go over to the Church History Museum so my mom and I took the kids and headed to the park while Der and Dad went to the cars to get our lunches. We had just gotten to the park when Nat's cell phone rang. It was Derek and he told me that we had a shattered window and asked if my purse was in the car. I told him that actually two of my purses were in there stowed out of sight. He informed me that they were both gone!!
Fortunately, we're poor and there was only $56 in my wallet.
Unfortunately, that was all we had and pay day isn't until Tuesday.
Fortunately, Derek had about ten bucks in his pocket.
Unfortunately, I loved my purses.
Fortunately, I had taken my wedding ring out of my purse about a week ago (it has a broken and bent prong)
Unfortunately, we have a shattered window.
Fortunately, I can ride to work with a friend Tuesday.
Unfortunately, the back-up zip drive from work was in my wallet.
Fortunately, I don't think my boss is the murderous type.
Unfortunately, I won't have a ride home if I get fired.
So about my poor purses...
Here is picture of me with my favorite purse...
We bought it in Catalina Island in January 2007. IT was in a little out of the way shop in the shopping area there. The little lady wanted $60 dollars for it and I was able to get it for a mere $25.
It was the best purse. It had long straps. It was the perfect shopping purse because it could hold a water bottle or two, several snacks and purchases, and never get heavy or awkward. It was the ULITMATE movie purse. Four Capri Sun's, two water bottles, snacks, and a wallet with no problem! Goodbye, dear friend!!!
My second purse was awesome. It had a huge adjustable strap that could cross over one shoulder and let the purse hang on the opposite hip (my favorite feature in this purse.) It was brown leather on one side, and brown, green, purple, and tan patchwork leather on the other. When I first saw this purse at the store it was $45. I waited and waited for it to go on sale but it never got below $24.99. Then one day it was gone. I was bummed when I realized I had waited too long to buy it. Dang it!! Then one day I was there with my mom and there it was on CLEARANCE for $5.00!! I loved this purse. My purple shirt and brown capri's will never look as nice without it!!!
So goodbye cute purses. I won't even begin on how much I loved my wallet!! Goodbye 20 year old library card, Costco card, debit card (with zero balance ha-ha!!), free Big Mac coupon, Subway card with enough points for two foot longs (I was saving this for a date with Derek), Social Security Cards for me and Bones, Drivers License, old license I saved because I like the picture (and the weight it listed), Zoo membership, KOA membership card, coupons, various other dumb items only I care about...
Well what could we do but break out our lunches and picnic right there on the island next to our cars. We had a great time visiting and laughing and then we loaded up and headed home. The kids loved having the window "down" on the freeway. Derek rolled his down and we just laughed at the hurricane it created in our car.
Later after dinner Der and I went for a ride in the truck and when we got home we hit the button to raise the garage. It raised about halfway and then stopped and made a terrible sound. Yep, it's broken. Our washer broke two weeks ago too. Oh and our van does weird things when it idles. Where is Doctor Dimento when I need him "There coming to take me away ha-ha where life is beautiful all the time!"
Unfortunately, a new washer is about $500
Fortunately, I've been doing laundry at my moms.Unfortunately, a new car window will be an expensive repair.
Fortunately, we can raise the garage by hand and we don't have to park outside without a window.
Unfortunately, I miss my purses...
So I'm ready to say goodbye to September 2009. Let's get on with October. My favorite month of the year!!!
3 comments:
Holy Cow- What a month for you guys! You are a better person than I, I would have had a major meltdown (or 5) by now. Hang in there and pleeeaase let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys!
I am so sorry for you guys! You have such a good attitude though! I think all the little things that only you care about are the hardest things to lose! When my wallet was stolen I felt the worst about the pictures in there. I'm so sorry - let us know if we can help!!
Becky... I'm so sorry to hear about the burglary. I had a similar experience in Albuquerque driving home from Utah. Our van window was smashed in, and because we were traveling we had tons of stuff in the car (stupid, stupid)... including our video camera and 2 years worth of family movies. I cried, it's so violating to be robbed. You both handled it beautifully.
Life comes at you fast... I really hope things will start moving in a positive direction. HUGS.
Post a Comment