18 May, 2010

Another teen on the scene

I can't believe this cutie is 13!! Wow. Laurel is such a great kid. She works hard in school, she loves life and is definitely bigger than life too! She is a funny kid. She actually just found out today that she made it onto the school Improv Team!! She was thrilled with the news!!!
So here a few photo's from her special day!
I just like this face!!
New aviator glasses. I don't get it but apparently they are cool for girls? I think she could be an extra on CHiPS!! Her new ukulele. I guess it's the latest pass time with teens?!
She cashed in at $100 for the day. Not bad I say!
Thank you Grandpa Dick and also Grandma and Grandpa Fish.
New thongs. Yes, I said it. They were thongs long before they were flip flops.
New clothes!! Thank you Kohls!!
Some lemon drops. Her fav!
Glitter toes!! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa B!
So here is how cell phones work at the Fishes: No giving out your number to friends. No calling friends. 60 minutes a month. You may only call family members. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXTING! Yet, even with the ultra strict rules and the no social use clause, she was very excited and still hoping for the cell phone. Go figure. I guess it's all about the square in the front pocket. She had a great birthday. We love this wonderful, beautiful, talented, sweet girl!! Happy Birthday Lolly!

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

She is getting so growed up. So your kids get that great not afraid to do anything from you. So where do you buy the flip flops that have been recycled from undies?
Okay if she gets a cell phone I like that you have mean mom rules for it. Good job

Barbara said...

I love the cell phone rules! Although I've told Ally she will NOT be getting a phone until she is 16! Poor kid!

wjmom said...

Happy birthday to one of our favorite people in the world!