20 February, 2008
A great day off!!
We had a great day off for President’s Day. Sunday night Der and I were talking and I was telling him that none of the kids had school tomorrow. Wow, he instantly felt a cough coming on and he took the day off too!!! When I was putting Brady to bed I asked Brady what he would like to do tomorrow and he was dying to go swimming.
So Monday morning we got up and had a lazy morning then we headed off to West Valley Rec. to go swimming. The kids had a ball. Brady went down the waterslide over and over. I was telling Der about Westside Waterslide and how all it was only a waterslide and no open swimming area. Boy I had a lot of fun there with Hansen’s and Sweet’s. Once the Berry’s came too. Danny wore a life jacket and thought he was big stuff. He loved floating around, especially in the lazy river portion of the pool. Lolly and Nat love the deep end and they did the waterslide a few times too. It was just a lot of fun.
Of course we had to grab some pizzas from Little Caesar’s on the way home. We scarfed our lunch and then rested for an hour before it was time for the show. We went up to the Reel and watched “Spiderwick.” It was a great show. I was a little jumpy in parts, but I’m a wimp!! My folks joined us for the movie as well and that was fun. Danny sat back with my folks but he left an empty seat between him and my Mom. During a pretty intense part I heard him say, “Grandma, I better move over here.” Then he slid over right next to her and leaned in close. It was cute. When we got home we had cereal for dinner and then played Disney Scene It for a few (a valentines gift from my folks.) At bedtime everybody crashed. It was a great day! The perfect day off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember "westside waterslide!" Our kids must be spoiled on the fun, because they would probably think it was pretty gay compared to what they have nowadays.
The Reel theatre is still around? I went to many movies there and I don't think I paid for a single one! Ahhh, the benefits of having friends that worked there.
Post a Comment