26 April, 2010

FORE!!!

Golf Bag = $5.00
6 new clubs = $12.00
A shattered rear drivers side sliding van door window?
Priceless!
All those little veins that look like dirt are actually the shattered glass covering the entire window. You can stand there and listen to the crackling. Or the guilty golfer can just sit and watch and wait. . . . . .and wait . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . and wait . . .
. . . and wait . .
. . . for the window to shatter and fall. We finally decided to explain tempered glass to him and he gave up his post. The poor guy felt terrible and all we could do is laugh!
Thank goodness for full auto glass coverage!

5 comments:

House of Smiths said...

OH MY GOSH! ha!
it's not funny that the window is shattered, but that he's waiting for the window to break. lol.
poor guy... I bet he really did feel so bad!

Good thing you have great coverage!
Shelley

wjmom said...

I'm sorry about the glass. I LOVE this post. This is a true LOL moment! How could you take pictures without shaking from laughter? How long was he out there?

Fantastic!

Natalie said...

Becky, that is hilarious! Good job realizing that it makes for a fine memory and funny story. I bet he pooped his pants when he saw what he did!

Becky said...

yeah. Der and i were in the living room and we heard a loud crack that honestly sounded like a gunshot. I was on the phone so Der got up and looked outside and saw Brady slowly cross the length of the yard. When he got to the fence next to the van on the driveway he stopped short and grabbed the sides of his head with both hands and went "ahhh!" Then he made a run for the house crying his eyes out. Der looked at me and said "yep, he busted the window dang it!" I thought it was the kitchen window that we just replaced in the fall. When I realized it was the van window all I could do is laugh. It just struck me so dang funny!! Derek was white as a sheet and a little green too at the thought of the cost to replace the window. Once I explained that we had full glass coverage he found the humor and began to laugh too.

Nat remarked later at how blessed she feels that we aren't the screaming and yelling types. That made me happy!

I just kinda figure it wont change anything to get mad, but it'll definately lighten the mood to laugh. Plus, I'm just extremely imature!

The Sants said...

That's hilarious! I love the pictures of him just sitting there and waiting-too funny!