24 August, 2010

Chicken Condo

Nat put the finishing touches on the hens condo last week. Yahoo, it's finally, completely finished!! Here is the view if you are standing in our back yard.
I LOVE this cute rooster knob for our egg door. We should start getting eggs any time now!!
Here is the view from the side of our house and next to the garden. Betty is at the top of the ramp and the top of the pecking order (yes this is an actual thing) and she is one bossy lady!
Cutie Rosie wanting some attention!
Here is the view from the back of our yard looking frontwards. The upper door is our access to the henhouse to change the bedding and feed. The hens love to get on the lower perch and look out the clear window.
The lower door is storage for bedding, feed, and tools. It has been very convenient!
Here is Stacey, Rosie, and Roxanne coming over to say "HI."
I'm so glad that this project is finally complete!! We love our hens and this is a very fun hobby!

2 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Whoo hoo! I love it! It's so... PRETTY! Is a chicken coup suppose to be PRETTY?.... YES! :)

I love the look of your new blog too... way cool!
~Shelley

Anonymous said...

I love it.