11 March, 2008
Derek Atkin Fish
I saw this on Nat's blog and wanted to fill in one for Der too!
Name: Derek Atkin Fish
Atkin is short for his mothers maiden name “Atkinson”
My Age: 32
Who said "I love you" first: I did. I had an interesting experience that day regarding a former boyfriend, Ryan, and just knew that I had to talk to Derek and lay it all on the line!!
How long did you date? We never dated. We just “hung out together” for two months then one night ( the same night as above answer) we said, “I love you”, had our first kiss, and decided to get married. This was the end of July and I was 18.
What's his age: 36
Who can sing better? Derek! I love Derek’s voice. We have always spent time together singing. Our family loves to sing too.
Who is smarter? He is. End of story!!
Who does laundry? I do my best but he really does do 50% of it.
Who does dishes? He does. He actually likes it. He says he likes to just do them and think about stuff while he’s at it.
His guilty pleasures: he doesn’t have any. I think he would golf daily if we had the weather and the money for it. And if HE didn’t think it was taking time away from us. I would love to see ( and often encourage) him do more for himself but he just doesn’t have the desire.
Who sleeps on the right? He does
Who mows the lawn: Usually we both do. Der grabs the weed eater and I start to mow. When he’s done he takes over the mower and I get the blower. I love to mow the lawn and to blow the grass. I hate to edge!!!
Besides you, who's his best friend: I would say Matt or Jeff because we see them more often. But he’s always felt like Boyd was a brother, we miss the Whites!!!
Who cooks dinner? I do.
Who drives? Derek. I would love to be the one who always drives, but it’s kind of one of those things you really should let the husband do right? At least that’s what he tells me.
Who's more stubborn: Definitely me. But I’ve come a long way baby!!!
Who kissed who first? Derek kissed me, but only just barely. I almost had to do it!!
Who asked who out first? I asked Derek out. We went on a double date with Barbara Langford and Kelly Jepsen (now they’re married). We saw Legacy and went to Dee’s.Who proposed: Derek. He sang to me while I played the piano for him. When I turned around he was on one knee!!!
Who has more siblings: Derek. He’s the middle of three boys with a girl at each end.
Who wears the pants: We both do really.
Favorite thing about him: He doesn’t take himself to seriously. Life with Derek is fun as well as peaceful. He is such a good man that he makes others around him want to do better in their life and he doesn’t even say anything. He takes his church callings, whatever they may be, very seriously. He always makes time for the underdog and shows sincere love to all. He is tenderhearted and isn’t afraid to show emotion. He is a true gentleman. He knows how to treat and respect women, all women. He works hard. He knows what it takes to be the breadwinner and he has ALWAYS got us through. He is amazing and I work hard every day to be worthy of the blessing that is having him for my husband!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember when you and Derek started dating. It all happened so fast, but it was so right for you. You guys are great together. Whenever we've been at your house, there's a peaceful, calm feeling. We miss you guys!
I finally got two seconds to read this. I LOVE it. I think your so cute Becky. And now, I know THAT much more about your hubby. haha.
And what I love the MOST is that you TOTALLY put the moves on HIM at the beginning of the relationship. Thats hilarious.
Shelley
PS. I have to say that you might have the BEST kids in church. They just SIT THERE> They are so obedient and quiet. Whoever was sitting BEHIND you this last Sunday though.... SURE was the opposite. SO loud and obnoxious. haha (hey, I tried my best!)
Post a Comment