Natalie expressed to me recently how much she misses Laurel. She said that as much as she loves having her own room, that their relationship has never been the same. Thus the "Sister Slumber Party" was born.

Natalie was so cute. She has a VERY small room that we have tried to make very versatile. For instance, her desk folds out of the wall, her tv is built into the wall, her clothes are in drawers under her bed and in the closet, and she doesn't have a dresser. Anything we can do to create more floor space. So, in order for her to make room for the rollaway bed for Lol, she had to fold down her desk. That meant moving her laptop, printer, and everything else on the desk, she also had to move out her big chair, and then haul in the rollaway and set it up.

They had a great night with snacks and movies. They watched "Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium" and then they watched "Bridge To Terabithia".

Late that night when I went down to tuck them in, they were each on a bed and had begun writing a story together.

After lights out I heard them talking and laughing late into the night. I didn't have the heart to tell them to quiet down and go to sleep. This was their time and I wasn't going to do anything to disturb it.
When I went down this morning they had popped in another movie and Brady had joned them. This is the ONE good thing about 1:00 church, lazy mornings!!
4 comments:
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. How sweet. what a neat thing that you've instilled in your girls. The fact that they obviously still "like" each other is awesome!
That reminds me of our slumber parties! Only we would eat sugar all night, and snort powdered sugar up our noses. It's a wonder we turned out!
That is SO cute. I hope my girls stay good friends like that. What a good big sister, to participate. Your kids really are super adorable.
All the pictures of your kids remind me of the Hansens, the crazy faces they pull, it goes to show how close we were growing up, and still are!
Post a Comment