23 November, 2009

Giving thanks and other stuff...

So, I finally had surgery on my right knee on November 11. I say FINALLY because this process originally started 6 1/2 years ago when I was going to have this surgery the first time and low and behold I found out I was pregnant with Handsome Dan. I've been putting it off since then. Maybe when I'm thinner...I don't want to be on crutches in the winter...fall..spring...summer. I'm on a roll exercising and I don't want to to get out of the routine (ha-ha). We have girls camp...Trek... Well as my knee started giving out more regularly it was time to grow up and do it! Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite things to see someone fall down or trip. Evil I know, but I think it is SO funny when people trip. I know it's rude but it kills me every time! Well, if it was an old person I guess I might not laugh. So, I had a good laugh imagining the entertainment I was providing for someone as demented as me every time fell down in a store or parking lot. I keep waiting for the day I get to enjoy my most eagerly anticipated trip. The "Deacon/Sacrament Tray Trip". If anyone has experienced this I am so jealous. It's sacrilegious (how do you spell that?) I know, but just imagine the possibilities!! Back to the reason for the post. There have been a few amazing friends that have really been sweet while I have been laid up. So I just wanted to give a big thank you to... My Mama: Lotsa meals, cleaning, kid care and taxi service, etc.! My Papa: Various driving services and kid care, and hiking all the way up to my room to sit and visit with me (very difficult for him.) Mom and Dad Fish: check up phone calls from CA Kenny, Anita, Bekah: Yummy dinner (that fed us for three days!) and a ton of DVD's!! Matt and Demaree and Family: Fabulous dinner and all evening visit from their family. We all needed it!! Deanne: Loaning out large amounts of DVD's and a delicious dinner. Ronda: stopping by for a visit with the intention of doing our dishes (I'm married to superman so they were already done) Hertzlers: Dinner in a bag (yummy soup, salad, rolls, and treats) to be prepared when we need it most...that'll be tonight. Natty and Lolly: Spent their entire day off from school Friday doing all our laundry at my moms house (remember our dead washer?) Brady: His birthday was Friday and her didn't get a fancy homemade dessert. He was a good sport and was thrilled with his doughnut pile birthday cake! Danny: He has been my board game buddy. He is always willing to climb in bed and snuggle with me. Finally, Derek. He holds down the fort perfectly. He cleans, dusts, washes dishes, clothes, kids, whatever. He cooks really well, and he always has a smile on his face. Even when he was getting up every four hours to help me change positions and take pain pills. He has been working loads of overtime too! I'm dong much better. I fell in the shower last night and I feel like I maybe took a small step backward in the recovery process. I'm nervous for physical therapy. But Nat and I will be doing it together. She has the same knee cap problem as I do but she will hopefully be able to fix it with PT and not need surgery if all goes well. FYI: I had a Lateral Release as well as grinding and planing on the underside of the knee. This took out 1/3 of the knee itself. I'll eventually need a replacement but we are buying some time with this. I'm hoping to wait until mid 50's for the replacements. I'll be havin gmy left knee done in the spring sometime. I'm a little nervous about Thanksgiving and being out and about. We have Thanksgiving both Thursday and Friday to meet all family obligations (which we love to do!!!) We get to go to Heber and be with the Fish side on Friday. I love the Fish family get togethers more than anyone even knows!! Our 15 year anniversary was 11/4, my 34th birthday was 11/6, and Brady's 9th birthday was 11/20. I plan on posting about these events in the coming weeks. Thanks again to all of the great friends and family for your love and concern. Life is great and the church is true!!

6 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

It's official... you're part Hansen. I guess it would actually be Savage, since we get the falling down humor from our mom. I haven't seen a sacrament fall either, but that would be great!
Hope your knee heals up quickly!

Natalie said...

I didn't know you had bum knees. So sorry. That would be so hard as mom to be out of commission. Glad to hear you have some great help!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Sorry, I couldn't come with Jeff to drop off dinner the other night. Didn't figure you needed a bum knee AND to be sick or have sick kids on top of it. I would've wanted to stay and chat anyway, so since it was Brady's big day, it's a good thing I didn't come and ruin it for him!:)Speaking of Brady- saw him while walking out of the school with all the kids the other day. He spots us and without missing a beat gives Ady the biggest hello and hug. Totally, had eyes only for her, the rest of us didn't even need to be there as far as he was concerened. It was seriously the sweetest thing especially since it was in front of a bunch of his friends and such. Too cute, that one!

Linda Lou said...

Hope that you'll be out and about in no time!

I miss and love you!!!

Hendricksonblog said...

I fall down a lot but I dont have any excuse except for that I wear flip flops in inappropriate weather. I hate bum anything but it has to be really bad when its those things that get you from here to there. good luck and call me, I will come over and fall down so you can laugh and then I will steal some of your pain pills.

Lewis Family said...

I haven't been out on the blogs lately... so sorry to hear about your knee. Surgery should be avoided at all cost! I don't blame you for putting it off... Sounds like you have a great support team. Hope you feel better soon.