06 October, 2009
Bad Things Happen in Threes...Hogwash!
or as Grandpa Dick would say, "Buckatally!!"
1. Our washer died
2. Our van was broken into and my purses stolen
3. Garage Door breaks
4. Our FURNACE breaks and every time we plug in a space heater it blows a breaker!!!
Let's play a little game I like to call Fortunately, Unfortunately...
~Fortunately, we were able to run extension chords to the space heaters from the few plugs that didn't blow the breakers.
~Unfortunately, when walking to the bathroom in the dark, in the middle of the night, with your eyes closed, it's possible to trip on the chord, fall into the bathroom door, slam it into the wall, and scare the bejeezez out of your innocent, sleeping husband (not saying this happened or anything ;-)
~Fortunately, he probably doesn't remember
~Unfortunately, we need to fix our furnace, and perhaps a dent in the bathroom wall behind the door. . .
~Fortunately, my dad may be able to help us (with the furnace)
~Unfortunately, the money for the girls show choir dresses is past due
~Fortunately, they have an amazing Aunt and Uncle in St. Louis
~Unfortunately, we are out of bread
~Fortunately, I know how to make bread and it is on the counter raising even now!!
~Fortunately, we were able to use the last of the tomatoes from our garden and bottle 16 quarts of Demarees amazing salsa!!!
~Fortunately, I was able to do all our laundry at my Mom's yesterday.
~Fortunately, we have food storage!
~Fortunately, the furnace broke AFTER Natty's birthday. . .
Fortunately it is STILL a great, and exciting life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Becky-
You always remind me to look on the bright side of things. I feel like that a lot in the "new house." There is always something breaking and us having to fix, and I seem to forget the things were are fortunate to have. You're the best and I love you!
Post a Comment