08 October, 2009

Hump Day!

This is probably the highlight of my week. I was taking the deposit to the bank from work today and decided to real quick like make a stop at Chevron for a tasty Pessi! I take my precious soda to the counter and the clerk is on her cell phone. She tells the caller to hang on and sets the phone on the counter. While she's ringing me up she asks me, oh yeah she is a big, young, African American gal, with a great talent for gab. So she asks me all huffy like,"have you ever heard of a hump day?" I enjoyed a great dirty laugh on the inside because I am secretly a 12 year old boy, but I answered, "Why sure. It's Wednesday." The clerk picks up her phone and says, "She knows what a hump day is." She sets the phone down and says to me, "Yesterday I was riding down the road with my Mama and we see this sign at a restaurant that says "Happy Hump Day Lunch Specials" and I say to my Mama "I caint believe those Mormons would allow that kind of a sign out on the streets. Why I'm sure they just up in arms over it. My Momma said that there was nothin' wrong with the sign. I said nothing wrong? Well she ask me what I thought hump day was and I just figured it must be the day when everybody humps but why would they put it on a sign here in Utah?" I was laughing so hard that my blessed Pepsi nearly came out of my nose. So, going back to my inner 12 year old boy, does anyone remember how Matt Earl used to call everyone humpers? It didn't matter if you were holding hands, or even just dancing? Good times . . .

6 comments:

Lewis Family said...

hahahaha! Love it!

Becky said...

I was a little nervous to post this funny story because I'm a baby and don't want to offend. But holy cow it was so funny. I should have called Natalie P. and told her the story and had her write it in her great blogging style.

Plus, I have to admit, knowing that my mom might read this and STILL want to wash my mouth out with soap for using the "H" word gives me a little thrill!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting it!! I love saying Happy Hump day, but I am afraid to many people read into it. Although Wednesday is the day of "Business Time."

Becky said...

Anybody wearing "business socks?"

Hendricksonblog said...

hump hump hump.....one of my favorite words but i was given very sideways glances at the Hendrickson home when I was dating Dave because I exclaimed that the dogs were humping in the back yard. Dave's younger brother shhhhhed me and it took me a minute to figure out what the "appropriate" word was for that.....mating oh yeah mating.
I remember that about matt but only after you mention it.

Barbara said...

Now that is funny! Kelly is going to have to read this one for sure, it's one of his favorite words.