02 October, 2009

Pay It Forward

We have been so blessed the past week that I just have to share some of our experiences. . . I called Lolly's piano teacher Monday to ask if we could pay next week and explained our burglary. She said she was so sorry and refused to let us pay for September!! Insurance covered the window replacement 100% and they came within two hours of my call! Derek's co-worker had a garage door opener and unit that he wasn't using and offered it to us. When Derek tried to pay him he said no way!! My sweet friend Heather treated me to lunch at work Tuesday. Most of my blood work results came back and there are no major problems. The rest of the results are expected next week. Brady doesn't have the swine flu!! Only strep throat! My Mom did ALL of my laundry Tuesday while I was at work!! Then she did sheets yesterday while I was at work!!! I went to the store to buy a new wallet and they had the very same style as my old one that was stolen!! We paid off a small debt and now we only have house and car for debt!!! I got my replacement drivers license and Costco card and my new debit card is on the way. We are truly blessed. I have this idea rolling around in my head because I want to teach our children that trials and blessings are a part of life. When we go through trials, blessings are sure to follow (really we are always blessed even while we experience trials.) But I feel that gratitude and humility are so essential in Heavenly Fathers plan. So I have been trying to come up with some sort of service activity we can perform as a family to show our gratitude for the blessings in our life. It can be several smaller things or one big thing. I just want our children to learn to what it means to "pay it forward." Please give your suggestions and I'll let you know the outcome. It's a beautiful life!!!

1 comment:

wjmom said...

No wonderful ideas, but if you come up with something we'd love to be involved or copy you. You are a huge example to us. We love you so much!