02 October, 2009
Happy Birthday Natty!
Well today Natalie is 14 years old. I remember perfectly the day she was born. I went to the Doctors office for my weekly exam and Dr. Macy told me that I was dilated to a four. She said the baby would probably come in the next week but she would be out of town starting Wednesday (it was Monday.) She asked if I wanted to be induced and have her deliver the baby tomorrow, or let it come naturally and likely have some other doctor do the delivery. I had been seeing DR. Macy since I was 12 years old and I wanted her to do it so I opted for inducement. She had her assistant call the hospital to set it up for Wednesday morning but there were no openings. There were also no openings Tuesday. But there was an opening for that day. So I got in the car ALONE and drove myself to the hospital and cried all the way. I was a terrified 19 year old girl. I called my Dad on the cell phone and he went to track down Derek. Derek was in mandatory training classes for Boeing (back then it was McDonnell Douglas.) He was trying to get hired but, back then, you had to take the 6 week training and then pass a test. So I checked in to Holy Cross Hospital and they sent me up to the maternity ward. However I just sat down in the waiting room and waited for Derek to get there.
Natalie Joyce Fish was born at 6:49 pm
8 lbs 3 oz
19 inches long
Named after two of the best examples from the first 19 years of my life:
Natalie Hansen and my Grandma Joyce Bezzant.
She has been a joy from the moment she was born. She is the easiest kid to parent. She knows what's right and she does it. She loves school and does great there. She is a self-proclaimed over achiever. She's a straight A student. She is a wonderful sister. She loves her siblings. She loves her two best friends. She has a beautiful testimony of the Gospel. She is a wonderful example to me. She is just a very delightful person to associate with!! We are very blessed to have her in our lives.
Happy Birthday Natty Jo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How can she be 14 already?? Seriously. That's crazy. I hope she has a great birthday!!
I'm so sorry your purse got stolen. That same thing happened to us once. It's not fun. But, it's good to see that it's not ruining your day or making you bitter. Bad things happen, but good things do too. That's important to remember.
I love that you named your oldest after Natalie. I was and still am, envious of you four. I always wished I was a year younger, for more than one reason, to of been able to be the spare tire to your foursome.
Can't believe you have a fourteen year old!
That means you are "old"!!!
Its a good thing I like old ladies.
She is a beautiful girl and im not just saying that.
Remember when i used to carry a mens wallet? Retarded.
Natalie,
We have adored you since LONG before you were born. You are beautiful, talented, and good. We love you and hope you had the happiest birthday EVER!
Love, Uncle Spencer, Aunt Aundrea, and the whole WJ Hill clan!
Post a Comment