10 September, 2010

Happy Birthday

I have a great Dad.
He has taught me to always be myself. ALWAYS. You should always be the same no matter where you are or who you are with. He is a marvelous example of this. He never puts on airs or tries to impress. People like to be with him. I know I do!
My Dad has taught me to never take myself too seriously. He loves to have fun and enjoys a good laugh (even if the laughs on him!)
But there is one special thing that is really special about my dad.
My Dad chose me. Most parents get what they get and they don't throw a fit right (not that we would ever really throw a fit - hahah!) But my Dad chose a little girl who was almost 1 1/2 years old and took her home to be his daughter! My life changed that day. I will forever be grateful for loving parents who took me home and loved me! I love you Dad! Happy Birthday to you!! I hope it is a great day.

4 comments:

wjmom said...

Happy birthday, Ric! We love you!

The Vuki Family said...

Happy Birthday to you Ric! I'm very grateful that you chose that darling little 1 yr. old too. Love you!
Love you too Beck!

Natalie said...

I love your dad! You're exactly right - he is who he is and taught you the same. And, I'm glad they picked you, too.

fern said...

i love your dad too! -and your mom- what a great example they were to me as i grew up!!