09 September, 2010

Insomnia

It's not fun. Normal people are asleep right now. I want to be asleep too! Boring post. Read at your own risk . . . Natalie went to her first night as a Junior Leader at Special Needs Mutual tonight. She was on cloud nine (what does that mean anyway?) She recognized Adam Bray. I asked her if he was wearing red. What do you think? She had some cute and hilarious stories to share from the night. She was so touched by the spirit of these awesome "kids." The youngest girl she spoke to was 12 and the oldest today was 55. It is going to be a great thing for her to do every week! The boys headed to the fair with my folks. They had a great time. A highlight was the seal show and the pigeons with feathers on their ankles (do pigeons have ankles?) Der took the day off today just so we could hang out and goof off. It was awesome. We ran out to a music store and the owner was a total 80's rocker. We were there for something else, but he totally tore it up on the guitar for us just for fun. It was seriously cool! I guess am easing into having all the kids in school. I am just filling up my days with other things. I volunteer weekly in the boys classes. I'm the PTSA Secretary for Brockbank. I've been making good dinners and lots of bread. Oh and next week I begin helping direct the junior high musical again. That is so dang much fun! We have two hens laying daily. This is so cool! The other two need to get on it! That would be four to five eggs a day thanks to Roxy the show off who lays two eggs a day! The beets are ready for canning. I'm not ready for canning but it must be done. The tomatoes are finally turning red. Our garden is late this year. I guess I'll go count sheep, or blessings, or the number of times the cherry tree brushes the roof above me. . .

No comments: