24 September, 2010
I love Bon Jovi!
It had to be said!
Oh, and this post is a little therapeutic rambling of sorts . Consider yourself warned. . .
I'm doing really well. The blisters drained Monday and Tuesday morning and those were two very painful days. But the healing really started Tuesday afternoon and by Thursday morning you wouldn't believe the amount of healing that had taken place. Derek took me to get my hair cut Tuesday and you wouldn't believe the amount of hair still on my head if you saw the amount of hair on Barbara's floor!! It was so very uncomfortable to sit in the chair but it was SO worth it. She did awesome and I love it. I just let her do what she wants and I've always been thrilled with the outcome. Not to mention, my head is so much lighter on my poor neck! Thanks Barb.
The kids had Parent Teacher Conferences last week and this week. Poor Der has had to attend all by himself. But the kids did awesome!!! Everyone has straight A's and Laurel even pulled an A+!!!
This was a fun day today. The kids were off school so Brady had Zack over and Danny had Lainee. I miss my Lainee and it was so great to have her here! Laurel and Danny picked 80 more tomatoes and 10 more peppers so my mom ran to the store for me and got onions and jalapenos and Laurel sliced veggies for 2 1/2 hours straight! What a love! We ended up with 18 more quarts of salsa. YUM!! It feels so good to see the food storage shelves filling back up. We are expanding our garden again this year because we'd like to double our tomato crop. My goal is to eventually be able to can 75 quarts of tomatoes and 75 quarts of salsa each season. This year we will end up with about 60 quarts of salsa only. Once the salsa was cooking Lolly headed over to Kylie's house for a movie night and Natty headed over to Shannon's to do the same. I can't believe we have TWO teenagers in the house. After he got the boys in bed Der and I sat down at the kitchen table for a little dinner date. Hear that? I SAT DOWN, bent at the waist and everything! That my friends is progress!
I had a delightful lunch with my good friend Kath yesterday. When her husband was Bishop my husband was one of his counselors. I've loved her from the first time we met. She called to ask if I wanted her to bring a Diet Coke because she was heading to McDonald's. Well long story short she ended up at my house with lunch for us both! She sat and visited with me while I layed on the bed and ate. Brady called at 2:00 wondering where I was. School was out early and I forgot because it was a Thursday! I was so glad Kath was here because she ran over and picked up the boys for me. Well did they ever think they were cool when they walked in the front door each holding a Slurpee! She spoiled us all that day! And a BIG thanks to her son Ron for babysitting his niece so she could come over for a while!
I'm helping with Brockbanks musical again this year and I got the choreography ready for two numbers yesterday. Let's just hope that what is in my head and on paper will actually work with these kids on stage!! Oh and let's hope I can feel well enough to teach them on Monday!! I'm a bit concerned about getting up and about too soon, but I've already missed this weeks rehearsals and I can't afford to be gone any longer!
Coke Zero is the best! And if you mix your drink 50% Coke Zero and 50% Diet Coke you have the PERFECT soda. Absolute perfection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Remember when Dad informed us of something important in a journal entry and you said, "Doesn't something like this warrant a phone call at least?"
That's all.
(P.S. I'm glad you're feeling better. And I love you.)
Glad you love the hair cut! You and your girls have gorgeous hair, so it's not hard to make it purdy! So glad you are feeling better!!
Wait a miute Aundrea,
Landon called me from scout camp last Friday to check on me, Taylor and I chatted on FB about it, and your basement neighbors even brought dinner last week. I figured if 7 out of the 13 people living in your house knew that our bases were covered.
Said sorry!
Woops I mean 9 out of 13! Apparently my math skills are as bad as my communication skills
You're A_M-A-Z-I-N-G! Love you Beck!
Post a Comment