Saturday morning Der and I headed out to Grantsville where he spoke at the funeral of a co-worker who died earlier in the week from her injuries in a car crash that Monday.
Derek did a wonderful job as usual. Plenty of Boeing employees were there to support her family. This has just been a very sad deal!!
Der left later Saturday afternoon for a burger with my Dad before they went to Priesthood session.
This is what we did the ENTIRE time he was gone.
That's right LEGOS!! One of my favorite things.
You can see in the picture that Nat is nursing a pretty serious sprain. She spent a week on crutches. What a pain.
Sunday scored a little higher on the Mormon scale. We watched the first session. It was the best our kids have ever done. They loved the activity books and game I put together for them. Once the session was over we continued our tradition of going to the park to get our wiggles out before the afternoon session. We ended up getting lunch on the way up to Copperton Park (our fav) and stayed way too long. It started to snow so we headed home and the kids put in a show and Der and I had a nap. That was spiritual enough for me. Hey, we get the Ensign right?
Please don't tell me one of the afternoon talks was on "appropriate Sunday activities and keeping the Sabbath day holy!!"
It was a nice weekend.
3 comments:
Bracken is looking at this with me and his exact words were "Wow, Mom! That's cool!" So you have the ringing endorsment of our family who are all highly impressed with your lego building skills.
LOL.. Your so funny. I love it. I'm a MOM NOW, I should be able to sit through Saturday AND Sunday conference, but I still find it SO hard. Does it EVER get easier? It's probably the ONLY time that we actually ALL get to be together... so just sitting there, staring at the TV seems so...(do i dare say... a waste of time?... I'm totally not going to Heaven for that one) Really, it's just hard NOT to giggle and poke at each other the whole time. Especially when it's MY extended family. We can't seem to be serious for more then 20 minutes at a time. I guess thats what makes family so great.
Shelley
Yeah, you missed a great talk by President Monson. He said it's time to pack up and move to Zion (Missouri). I guess I won't see you there. That's too bad.
Post a Comment