15 April, 2008

What a great day!!

We had the best day yesterday. The day started off with me at the gym. I walked 2 miles then worked out with the weights. I'm trying to work out twice a day this week to give my metabolism a boost. Wish me luck! Once I was home I worked on the blog and Lolly made a picnic lunch for us. We headed over to Hunter park and stayed for hours!!! We rolled down the "mountains", and then I relaxed and read a magazine while the kids played tag around the playground. We left just in time to get Nat from school. I stopped at Arctic to get the kids a cone on the way home. We came home and relaxed a bit (I should have been doing laundry). Der came home and had a short nap then we had dinner on the patio (pigs in a blanket, fruit, chips and salsa.) We all made our way over to the church parking lot so the kids could cruise around on their scooters. You should see Danny go. He coasts around on one foot and you can tell that he thinks he is totally cool. After an hour or so at the church we came home and had a popsickle. Then we played basketball and that eventually turned into a game of tag. Can I just say that I tagged Bones and as I was running (yes I was running) away he said, "Wow Mom, when did you get so fast!" That could have been the best moment of my life LOL!!! Somebody told me I ran fast!! Never mind the fact that he has 60 pound feet. We didn't come inside until way after dark. It was a great day!! Oh, and we all slept like logs!!!

3 comments:

The Meier family said...

Becky, I am so proud of you! You have given me inspiration, and I am starting the healthy thing and exercising stuff! Keep up that fabulous work!

Candice

House of Smiths said...

What a great day! I love days like that.
We totally missed you last night at enrichment. We went out for icecream afterwards and were wishing you were there. We have to get together some night!
Shelley

Natalie said...

Way to go Becky! Are you doing weight watchers? I lost 15 pounds a couple of years ago with WW. It's the BEST program! When this baby comes in July, I'm kinda thinking I'd better begin the weekly weigh-in ritual. I've already gained 30 pounds with this one, and I have 3 months left. Sarah told me the other day, "No offense mom, but your bum is kind of a lot bigger."