21 April, 2008

It feels like Christmas

Der has this friend named Lenny at work. Lenny has been researching Plasma TV's for about three months now. Well Thursday he informed Der that he had finally bought a TV and it was being delivered Saturday morning. He told Der that if he would come and get his old TV out of his house for him he could have it. So Der and I picked it up Friday night and got it all hooked up. It's about 8 years old but who cares? It is in perfect condition and has already been a lot of fun.
By the way, he lived on 6515 West in my old stomping ground!!! About 3880 South. Right around the block from where I grew up. His house was the same floor plan as Hansen's next door to us.

We rented a movie for the family to watch and ended up with one entitled "Dinotopia". We didn't get started until after almost 9pm. By 11 I was wondering if it was ever going to end. It was enjoyable, but I had worked out that day, Der and I had moved a big screen TV twice as well as other furniture to make room for the TV. Not to mention he and I stayed up until 3am talking the night before. I picked up the DVD case to see how much longer we had. Would you believe we rented a mini-series? 5 HOURS LONG!!!! We promptly went to bed. But the kids continued to watch it in the van both directions for our Thanksgiving Point outing the next day. Then they finished once we were home. It was really good. Just loooooong!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sweet TV! And nothing beats FREE!