16 February, 2010
Happy Belated Valentine's Day
Friday marked the boys last day off track. We celebrated by having a :public transportation day." It was free ride day on UTA and Derek took the day off for the fun!!
We started out by riding the bus from Magna to the Trax hub in WVC. Travel Time 37 minutes. Then we boarded Trax and headed into town to the end of the line. Travel time 45 minutes. Next we boarded the FrontRunner high speed commuter train and headed to Ogden Union Station. Travel time about 45 minutes. From there we walked to the Railroad Museum and had a great time learning about the railroads. We had lunch on the train ride home. We sat in a booth with a table and pulled out our picnic. It was great. The kids thought it was so exciting.
I told Der of all the times I rode the old Magna 37 out to the mall, or out to the Granger pool. My cousin and I would ride the bus to the mall all the time to get candy Zots from the Keyhole or go to the dollar movie. We weren't even 12 yet! Boy how times have changed. I don't even let my twelve year old walk around the block alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So many memories of riding the bus to the mall! Remember when you tried to sneak our drinks into the theater? THey were under your pits and shirt, and they dropped out just when we gave our tickets to the guy. They guy said, "You're not saposed to bring drinks in the theater." And you said, "I know. That's why I was trying to sneak them in." I love that story.
The Keyhole? I forgot about that place. Isn't it more of a naughty store now? I use to babysit kids when I was 10 and I won't leave my 10 year old home alone, and there is no way in h e double toothpicks I would let them ride a bus to the mall. Our poor kids are so deprived.
Are you kidding, I wont even ride the bus to the mall, of course you probably might say I drive a bus so its probably similar minus the caliber of its passengers (my opinion only).
Ahhhh Becky memories.....some of my favorites.
Post a Comment