05 February, 2010

Therapeutic Rambling . . . feel free to skip this post!

On Family. . . Kramer seems to be making very slow progress. He is still living at my folks as they have much fewer stairs than we do. Dad is loving his JetBlue job. Mom is loving her job at the Jones Center. Der has been working ten hour days to cover for his taking Thursdays off to be home with the boys. Yeah ten hours doesn't sound that bad right? Except he leaves the house at 4AM!! How he keeps a smile on his face I'll never know! Natalie was up until 4am this morning finishing her book project. I was grumpy about it so Der stayed up with her to help. He's patient and wonderful. He lasted until about 1:30am and then he had to crash. Let's see if she has a smile on her face later. I'm guessing ...no. The boys are in hog heaven. The rocket came home yesterday. It's about 10 feet long, four feet wide and four feet high. It is constructed of three HUGE refrigerator boxes and various other odds and ends. It has actual computer keyboards and mouses donated by a neighbor, and has a plunger joystick taped to the floor (yes it's a new plunger!) It has battery powered lighting, 2 liter bottle booster engines, escape hatch in the nose, and all other cool features dreamed up by Bones and manufactured by Grandpa, Grandma, Bones, and Der. Pictures will be coming soon. On work . . . Yesterday was my second to last Thursday. I didn't expect to be so sad about this. My friend Heather (the hygienist) won't be there next Thursday so Dr. T bought us all lunch yesterday and that was a fun treat. On church . . . does anybody else ever get into a funk in this department? Yes I know the church is true, but it's not always enjoyable. 'Nuf said. On me . . . I'm tired (and I went to bed early!) I ran a little on the basketball court Monday. It made my knee hurt pretty bad, but did you hear that I RAN!! I think I might be brave enough to go back to the gym when the boys head back to school in a week. Maybe I can download Carrie's new play list that Sam made her for my work-out tunes!!! Off-Track . . . I love it! The boys and I went into town to the Museum of Natural History Monday morning. We had a ball. It was so fun. They have a live bugs exhibit going on and that WAS NOT fun. Huge Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, giant tarantula's, wolf spiders, black widow, centipede, and plenty of other creepy crawlers!! They each got a cool pocket telescope/microscope from the gift shop. After this we headed over to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum so I could show then the two-headed lamb. Very cool. They loved the restored steam fire engine on display in the carriage house. Also the box toilet was a highlight. We then drove up to the trail head for Ensign peak so they could look out over the city with their new toys. It was a great morning. Wednesday I took the boys to see "The Tooth Fairy". One word...GAY! The boys loved it so I am glad for them. The popcorn was excellent! I can't wait for next week. Anybody know of any good tours around here besides Sweet's Candies? I'm thinking about maybe the Golden Spike Museum. Or maybe Hill Air Force Base. That's a great ride when the boys have a dvd to watch!!

3 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Beck-I love you and I love your "ramblings."

Yes, I get in church funks. It's normal. Keep your chin up sister!

Natalie said...

Yeah, I too have the church funks. I'm just climbing out of one. Just pray that you can keep Christ in all the other church craziness. Sometimes he gets lost. Laurel has lots of funks to come -- she was just put in the RS presidency! HA HA!!

That rocket sounds awesome!

The Vuki Family said...

I know...right? Love you sister of mine. If you're not laughing right now then I'll be shocked! I love you lots and lots! Thanks for finding Derek those years ago so that you could be apart of me. I love you! Have fun with your boys..wish we were there for the fun too. Someday I hope!