I CAN'T SLEEP! It doesn't matter how tired I feel, I just can't wind down. Come on friends, let's hear all your great
beddy-bye tips. Heaven knows I NEED HELP! Seriously, I'm one grumpy lady.
On a totally different subject . . .
I got a fancy grain mill yesterday! I can't wait to use it. I bought some oat groats too, and tomorrow I'm getting some hard white wheat. It feels like Christmas, except for the "I can't sleep" part. Did you know that you can mill rice and also popcorn
kernels?
Does anyone else wish they had chickens? I do. Maybe even a milk cow. (This too could be a result of insomnia, but I digress . . . )
6 comments:
Uh, I grew up with said milk cow and chickens. And I must say that it will be a few more years before I long for either one again. Baby calves are a lot of work and chickens can be awfully stinky. But maybe I just feel this way about them as I always had to deal with them at 4:45am before heading to seminary!:) As for sleep tips- I wish I had some. Not such a great sleeper myself.
Sorry about the insomnia - however, it made for a chuckle when I read your ramdom post. The desire for chickens when you're sleep deprived. That's great!
Can't help you there. The older I get, the tougher it is. I'm hoping this whole "no diet coke for lent" thing helps me in the sleep department. Good luck!
So funny! Sometimes I wish I had a farm, but then I think of all the work and how I can't even keep up on the laundry, and I reconsider! I'm not such a great sleeper either, and my teething baby isn't helping :) It did help me to stop drinking caffeine as much (I don't know if you drink caffeine). It was a little sad though to realize I was no longer young enough to down a coke late at night with no effects on my sleep!
Tylenol PM
Its a beautiful thing
I probably have the equivalant of 5 chickens.
In my freezer downstairs....up side, no poop to clean up.
I have the best solution - and I use it all the time. I have a really hard time turning off my mind at night, and sometimes even get a little anxious. The Dr. told us about "Melatonin", it's a natural aid that is non-habit forming. I am super sensitive to anything that makes me sleepy, and have a hard time getting out of the coma that any other PM drug might enduce. However, with this stuff, I have no problem getting up in the morning! I buy it at Wallgreen's - it's the best!!
I'll bet if you had chickens you would get so tired taking care of them that you would fall into bed every night.You just solved your own problem.
Or, just get a big fan and point it at the wall. That constant sound makes my mind shut off.
Post a Comment