Back: Laurel, ME, Carrie (Sam's wife), Linda, Reese, Angie, Laura (Reese's Fiance), Ginger
Front: Sam, Lindsey
The Hansen's lived next door and the Sweets were across the street. We had a fairy tale childhood!! I got the experience of a large family thanks to these great people. I feel like we have created a "Hansen Environment" with our kids. At least I sure hope so. I feel like summer day's were spent playing from dawn to dusk at one of our houses. I had the swing set and sandbox, Hansen's had the playhouse and Salem's Lot, and Sweets had the golden treasure of a junk pile with everything you would ever need to let your imagination take over for hours. We always had a great fort under construction at Sam's.
Back: Laurel, ME, Carrie, Linda, Reese, Angie, Ginger
Front: Sam, Lindsey(holding her baby girl)
Angie and her family have become such dear friends to our family. Our kids are all the same age and we love getting together when schedule allow!
We joked Saturday that Linda actually had 10 kids. Oldest to youngest it was Angie, Audrey, Ryan, ME, Natalie, Sam, Ginger, Laurel, Lindsey, Reese. They said I was like a sister and Sam was like a brother AND a sister hahahahaha!!
Brandon and I were laughing about fighting with the Dobson's just last night. Good times!
Throw in our other great neighbors the Berry's, the Hill's, and poor MonkeyHead and it was a magnificent childhood full of giant sleepouts and many other awesome memories. It chokes me up as my mind is flooded with memories!! I love you guys!!
3 comments:
Thanks for posting these pics! I may steal them for my blog! :)
I have the Hansen family to thank for my marriage! Natalie and Neal set Sam and I up on a blind date. Marrying into the Sweet family also meant I was marrying into the Hansen family....I'm eternally grateful for that! Love you ALL!
I always wanted in on the Hansen fun too. My sister was buddies with Laurel and I would just watch you, Natalie and the other two to your foursome and be jealous!
We did have an awesome childhood! I like to think that it's still pretty awesome as adults too... minus the junk pile (I guess we could still play in it if we wanted to).
Post a Comment