31 March, 2010

Scrambled or Fried?

I know it is so "Little House on the Prairie-ish" but guess what is coming to our house? CHICKENS!! Well chicks, actually. We will be picking them up in the next day or so, and construction on the hen house and chicken run will begin tomorrow!! I hope to have some cute pictures of our six baby chicks as soon as we get them. Can anyone say FARM FRESH EGGS? We WILL NOT be getting a rooster. We have to draw the line somewhere!

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

brave, very brave. I have too many issues that I couldnt eat eggs if I saw that they once might have had chicken poop on them. I know, i said I have issues.

Anonymous said...

April, all eggs have poop on them and they come out warm!

Coolest hen house ever! I want chickens so bad but the husband keeps telling me no, party pooper and we even have a hen house already in the backyard.

Natalie said...

That looks awesome!! I love eggs.

When I worked on the grounds crew at BYU, there was a huge chicken place where the animal science nerds did some sort of work. Who knows what went on there. All I know is that every Tuesday, some poor soul would drive the chicken s*%# truck to the coop and load up. It smelled SO BAD!!! We always laughed at the poor workers. One girl got covered in chicken poop. She was crying. It was funny!!