25 March, 2010

Preaching to the Choir

Remember several posts ago I mentioned being in a church funk? Nothing like March Madness to take care of that one. March Madness is when the seminary kids read the BoM cover to cover in the month. It equates to 17 pages a day. Der and I decided to read along as support and motivation for Nat. Well I just reached 3 Nephi. This has been an awesome experience. It's been so fun to be reading in the same chapters as Der. Discussions with he and Nat have been special treats. They truly inspire me to do better and be better. My favorite passages are with Alma and the sons of Mosiah, but who can't get excited about Captain Moroni's epistle? Der likened it unto William Wallace! So true!! The Chapters with Nephi and Lehi (Helaman's sons) are so, so sad! This has been so cool!! Moms can do Personal Progress now. I'm hoping to earn my medallion for the first time along with our girls. This will go towards that goal!! So, when you're in a funk . . . read your way out. It works.

No comments: