15 March, 2010
Weekend Wrap-up
We had a great weekend. Friday night Der and I went out to dinner at good ol' El Habanero (YUM!) Then we went for a ride and up to Walmart to buy fabric for two cute baby quilt gifts. Nothing exciting but always fun and enjoyable to be together.
Saturday I got to accompany Natalie and all the school play cast (along with Mrs. Parker and her husband) to see "Twilight: I was a teenage Vampire" put on by Desert Star Playhouse. Hopefully by now you all know that I think the whole Twilight series is seriously GAY!!! Yes. G...A...Y Gay! So I LOVED watching it be made fun of on stage!! Don't worry, Team Edward and Team Jacob were well represented and also enjoyed the show!
By the afternoon I was feeling pretty poor so I had a fairly easy night. Der had his date with Danny (2 kids down, 2 to go) and they had a great time at Taco Bell (Danny's pick) and Hollywood Connection for Miniature Golf.
Nat spent the evening at a church Dance. She came home seeing stars thanks to a new hottie from Taylorsville that she got to swing dance with several times! Lol and Bones were in pure bliss with Pirates 3.
By Sunday 4 out of 6 of us were working on pretty good colds. So we stayed home from church. I slept until 12:30! Holy cow that felt good! We just layed around and the kids did homework. After dinner every one of us helped tie one of the quilts. It was so cute. The kids did awesome. Bones would never admit this but he was having a dang good time. Once everyone was in bed except Nat (still doing homework) I tied the other one! Woo-hoo!
It's March madness and Der and I are reading the BoM along with Nat. This has been awesome! I hate to admit this, but the last time I read the BoM cover to cover was during March madness as a seminary student. I really enjoy topic study and that is what I usually do. Well, this has been a wonderful experience. I'm, getting more out of it that I ever have. It's so fun to discuss what we're reading, especially with Nat.
Last week was Spirit Week at BJH. Our daughters were looking very cute as sports fans, nerds, mismatched girls, and an 80's pop and 80's rocker chick. Pictures will be coming as soon as I figure out my new camera. Oh yeah, we got a great new camera off KSL for a song!!!
Things I'm looking forward too:
I get to watch Lainee and Syd this Wednesday
I'm having lunch with old friend Becky B. on Thursday.
Book club is on Thursday too!
I get to see the Hansen gals on Saturday (hopefully Sam and Carrie too.)
The Bezzants are coming on Sunday!
Life is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like SUCH a fun weekend!
Post a Comment